Exxon Mobil "Energy Lives Here" eggs

adleak

Reaction score
Exxon Mobil currently is playing an ad with a fantasy "Van Kluck Egg Company" and boiling eggs as a backdrop. The theme of the ad is "Energy Lives Here". The background music sounds similar to some pieces of classical work like Nutcracker or Swan Lake. Do any of you recognize the music this commercial is using? It's driving me a little nuts!

Exxon Mobil currently is playing an ad with a fantasy "Van Kluck Egg Company" and boiling eggs as a backdrop. The theme of the ad is "Energy Lives Here". The background music sounds similar to some pieces of classical work like Nutcracker or Swan Lake. Do any of you recognize the music this commercial is using? It's driving me a little nuts!

I was wondering the same thing! It sounds a lot like Bedrich Smetana's "Vltava", as heard in this video, starting around 0:55 http://youtu.be/kdtLuyWuPDs?t=55s

Thanks! I'll do some searching for Bedrich Smetana's Vitava to see if I can find it on the Internet. I'll post what I learn here.

There are several Internet locations in Usenet and the Web where one can download "Vltava" or "The Moldau" piece. A very informative description of Smetana's composition known as Ma Vlast, or "My Country" is found here: "The Moldau". Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online.
Encyclopædia Britannica Inc., 2014. Web. 11 Dec. 2014; <http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/1666110/The-Moldau>.

I have listened to Vltava and believe it to be what the Exxon Mobil commercial used as the basis for its music. The Exxon composition sounds like a slightly remade excerpt using differently instruments and a simplified version of the same melody Smetana used in the original Vltava piece.

Thanks to MaddieM for the lead. I am now enjoying listening to the original music. If anyone knows what orchestra did Exxon's version and if they have produced a consumer version for sale or download, I'd appreciate knowing. Otherwise, my quest for the Exxon commercial's music is satisfied. Thanks, again, MaddieM.

Back