UBS Financial Services

UBS has multiple versions of the "you and us" commercial series. The song is "Somewhere" which originated from the musical "West Side Story". I have yet to find a piano-only version of the song. I believe the UBS versions are produced exclusively for the commercials. The Ishares commercials also have a really nice light instrumental.

Oh it's so pretty! If you do happen to find the piano version please let me know. I've even gone to the extent of emailing the UBS people about it. Eeek! I listened to a 30 second clip of Somewhere on Itunes. It must be further into the song because I didn't hear the similarity at all. Thanks for replying so fast though!

Saw an ad for UBS financial services during a CSI Miami episode. Beautiful piano music, show people standing, different backgrounds, the narrator says "You could call it--a committment to understand". Then, 'You & Us" which morphs into UBS. Made just for the ad? Alison

Do they change those videos? What I heard didn't sound anything like "Somewhere" to me :unsure:

Is this the one where it says "You could call it--a committment to understand", You and Us--you and us--UBS?" Show different non-speaking individuals looking at the camera---the last shot shows two men sitting in a house, overlooking the ocean. The ending piano music is like a C-minor triad, then F-major triad thing. Saw it on an old CSI Miami rerun (my bad--posted on this in a new thread-sorry). Made just for the ad? Alison

They have updated the ad from the "somewhere" tune to another of which I'm not familiar. I heard it yesterday and immediately thought of your posting. You're right; that is a very nice piece.

No song title yet. I was wrong regarding "Somewhere". That one is used with the TIAA-CREF commercials. I believe there are 2 similar versions of that song, 2-3 versions of the UBS ads and the one I want the most, Ishares, appears to have only one song. MY deepest apology for this error. It's difficult enough trying to track some of these tunes without having errors entered into the quest. Now, let's go find that friggin' song!

On the UBS commercials there is piano music in the background. Does anyone know what the name of the tune is? It sounds like a contemporary piece of music that a female singer has recorded in the past.

To the best of my knowledge, UBS contracts its music from folks such as Amber Music, etc. Generally, those pieces are not for wide commercial release. UBS and iShares have some really nice music I would like to have, however,.............

Back